We've Moved!

We've Moved! Click here to be redirected! www.entrepreneurtoolkit.net

This blog will be permanently removed on October 1, 2009.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Do's & Dont's of Marketing Hype


Saw a Tweet the other day that said, “How to be a successful entrepreneur in 10 minutes.” 10 minutes, really? I suppose you could reach some sort of level of success in 10 minutes. But I don’t think many entrepreneurs would be happy there.

Real success takes time & effort. I don’t know of a single company or solo entrepreneur who became successful in 10 minutes. For many, they may have had a 10 minute period that launched them into a new level of success. But, that is generally preceded by an extended period of effort.

Point is, I get sick of the hype. It gives entrepreneurs & internet marketing a bad rap. For example, while writing this I pulled off of Twitter a few 'hype' tweets. Have you seen any of them before?
  • Get RICH in just 3 easy steps
  • So easy, even my blind Grandmother could do it
  • Home Business Tips: How To Make Money
  • Guaranteed $125 within 24 hrs signup now
  • Win a FREE iPod Touch
  • Sign up Free and earn $125 cash
  • The SEXIEST term to a network marketer's ear
I'm not even sure how a term can be sexy.

Each was accompanied with a hyper link that I’m sure led to some magical place that will immediately make me a successful entrepreneur. Yeah right!

As an entrepreneur, do you over hype yourself and your products? If so, why? I’ve found that most people really relate to down to earth people who are selling a product or service of real value. Few fall in love with the over-hype guys. Presenting your product as effective, exciting and beneficial is certainly vital. But over-hyping it shows to me that your too desperate to sell something.

So my challenge to you is this; keep the hype to a minimum. Be yourself and accurately present who you are are and what your trying to accomplish.


That being said, my next post will give you 7 easy steps on how to make your mother in law happy, make you rich beyond your wildest dreams and cure cancer in only 3 minutes! ;-)


TweetIt from HubSpot


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

EntrepreneurToolKit.net. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com